John Veale, Optometrist Christchurch
Director, Merivale Optical, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Educated at Wellington College and Otago University, New Zealand.
- B Sc 1967 Otago University.
- Research assistant to Prof Lawrence Stark UC Berkley California 1968 1969.
- Dip Optom Auckland University 1970
- Optometry, in private practice since 1971
- Councillor and Member NZAO 1980 to 1986 Current member.
- Registered Optometrist in New Zealand
- Registered Optometrist in all Australian States.
- Member NZ Corneal and Contact Lense Society.
- Director of Low Vision Services, Christchurch Hospital 1986-2007
- Trustee of Lighthouse Vision Trust (Low Vision Services since 1994).
- Trustee Rose Charities New Zealand
- Consultant to Rose Charities Eye Clinic Phnom Penh Cambodia
- A Paul Harris Fellow
- Member NZ Aid Eye Team to the Cook Islands
- Honorary Permanent Resident of the Cook Islands
Interests include; boating, fishing, climbing, travel, running, gardening.
John Veale is Married with three children.